Thursday, July 16, 2020

Thing 22: Professional Websites

Similarly to the previous post, this Thing is a rather short thing, and is about professional personal websites. 

For self-employed individuals or academics in consultancy, professional websites advertising the individuals business, capabilities, experience and examples of previous work can be very effective as 'online' CV's for prospective clients. 

It is important that these websites are clearly laid out, with the central focus being the profession that the individual is in. Examples of work and collaborations will help the client feel more confident in the business. The Muse has written an article showing some of the most well designed professional personal websites. 

I however do not yet have my own personal website, simply because I'm not entirely sure what direction my career will go on after my EngD. For those in my position LinkedIn profiles can also be used to display you capabilities & experience ect - mine can be found here.

Thanks again for reading - see you next time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment